Thursday, February 11, 2021

My Project's Navigation Menu

 My project's navigation system is what I consider its center piece because although it is an enterprise class application which is a combination of text contents and user interaction screen, I would consider it overall as a content management system because it allows content changes to happen most of time and allows creation of new contents not only articles but data entry screens as well and there should be a way for users to specify path location of the new content in the main navigation menu or re-arrange the current over all organization of the navigation menu.

What I have in mind is a highly customizable navigation menu or rather an enterprise class application.

This my concept: 


It should be a tree view and initially, I used w3schools.com sample tree view program (pls note that I am not promoting w3schools) but the css formatting is proudly mine. It should database driven view which has the following table structure:



Article ID
A unique code assigned to the page or post. This is the primary key of the table.

CAT ID
The category id is the unique code assigned to the Category on which the current page or post belongs. This is a secondary key of the table and should check the entry in the Category table.

SYST ID
The system id is the unique code assigned to the application system on which the current page or post belongs. This is a secondary key of the table and should check the entry in the Systems Application table. The Systems Application could be Blog, Social Media, Accounting, HR system, Logistics, etc.

Title
The title is a text field which is obviously the title of the current page or post.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Executing Git Commnads from PHP

 This a continuation of my previous post about the new project I have in mind. I am currently using Git as my version control software and c...